Boost Your Wireless Network
Tired of Wi-Fi ’’dead zone’’? TP-Link Wireless Range Extender connects to your router wirelessly, strengthening and expanding its signal into areas it can’t on its own. The device also reduces signal interference to ensure reliable Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home or office.
Easy Setup and Flexible Placement
Press the WPS button on your router and the Range Extender button on your 850RE within 2 minutes to easily connect to the network. Once connected with an existing router, you can simply unplug and plug the TL-WA850RE back in a location for the best signal quality and coverage in your house, without needing to configure the extender again.
The TL-WA850RE’s single Ethernet port allows the Extender to function as a wireless adapter to connect wired devices like Blu-ray® players, gaming consoles, DVRs and Internet TVs. At the same time, the device can share the wireless network as well.
Smart Signal Indicator Light
5 signal lights show the strength of signal that TL-WA850RE receives from the existing router, which can help to find the right location to place the range extender.
It’s recommended that you choose a location where at least 3 signal light blue in order to guarantee a good performance.
Tether App for Easy Use
Use any mobile device to easily access and manage various features, including the LED Control function’s Night Mode, which allows you to enjoy a more peaceful night’s sleep.
- Range Extender Mode boosts wireless signal to previously unreachable or hard-to-wire areas flawlessly
- Miniature size and wall-mounted design make it easy to deploy and move flexibly
- Easily expand wireless coverage at a push of Range Extender button
- Smart Signal Indicator Light help to find the right location to place the range extender
- Ethernet port allows the Extender to function as a wireless adaptor to connect wired devices
- 300Mbps wireless data rates ideal for video streaming, online gaming and internet calling
- Supports domain name-based login (http://tplinkextender.net) for advanced management
- Compatible with other 802.11n/g/b wireless devices
- Advanced 64/128/152-bit WEP, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK encryptions protect your network from security threats
- External detachable antennas allow for better alignment and stronger antenna upgrades
|Quick start guide||Yes|
|Power plug type||Type C|
|Power consumption (typical)||3 W|
|Ethernet LAN data rates||10,100 Mbit/s|
|Linux operating systems supported||Yes|
|WPS push button||Yes|
|Mac operating systems supported||Yes|
|Windows operating systems supported||Windows 10 Education,Windows 10 Education x64,Windows 10 Enterprise,Windows 10 Enterprise x64,Windows 10 Home,Windows 10 Home x64,Windows 10 IOT Core,Windows 10 Pro,Windows 10 Pro x64,Windows 2000,Windows 7 Enterprise,Windows 7 Enterprise x64,Windows 7 Home Basic,Windows 7 Home Basic x64,Windows 7 Home Premium,Windows 7 Home Premium x64,Windows 7 Professional,Windows 7 Professional x64,Windows 7 Starter,Windows 7 Starter x64,Windows 7 Ultimate,Windows 7 Ultimate x64,Windows 8,Windows 8 x64,Windows 98SE,Windows NT,Windows Vista Business,Windows Vista Business x64,Windows Vista Enterprise,Windows Vista Enterprise x64,Windows Vista Home Basic,Windows Vista Home Basic x64,Windows Vista Home Premium,Windows Vista Home Premium x64,Windows Vista Ultimate,Windows Vista Ultimate x64,Windows XP Home,Windows XP Home x64,Windows XP Professional,Windows XP Professional x64|
|Data transfer rate||300 Mbit/s|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g,IEEE 802.11n|
|Wi-Fi standards||802.11b,802.11g,Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n)|
|Security algorithms||64-bit WEP,128-bit WEP,256-bit WEP,WPA-PSK,WPA2-PSK|
|Wi-Fi data rate (max)||300 Mbit/s|
|Wi-Fi band||Single-band (2.4 GHz)|